Monday, May 5, 2008

Grace.....Reflection.......Change

This last year has been an extremely interesting year.....lots of things have happened & have helped me to reassess who I am....where I am going.....what I am doing?? I have always thought that I trusted God & all His plans for me, but over the last year there have been lots of questions, some of them answered some not!!
I am constantly reminded that this is a journey, we can only take each day as it comes, we cannot have too high expectations of ourselves or other people, people will hurt & disappoint us (I know that I have hurt & disappointed people, but not with that intent), but we should love them anyway (cause we aren't perfect), to appreciate & not forget the little things & to dedicate each day to God!! That has been hard, being hurt & losing friendships, sometimes I think I won't get over it, then I know that God's grace is sufficient for each day, just take each day!! A lot of times I think it might be an issue with pride & me not being able to let go!!! Scary. I know that I will look back on this time as a real learning experience that has built my character!! I am realizing that I am blessed beyond comprehension & that the little things are so important and other things not so important. Those things that are important to me are not necessarily important to someone else. Listening to the people in your life (especially your little people) & making the most of the precious time with them.

I have sometimes felt like there is something wrong with me......LOL.....thought patterns, things from childhood that shape the way we are as adults......and not wanting those things to be something that my girls have to deal with. To instruct them differently....

This verse today has been mine for the last 4 months......Isaiah 26.3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because He trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock eternal.Even when you feel like everything is out of your control, He knows & all you have to do is trust Him & peace will come. Steadfast on the things of God. Amen
Love ya Mxxx

No comments: