Friday, November 19, 2010

Some loveliness......

as I am settling in around here slowly after the big trip. I have been spending far too much time surfing the net & looking at stuff than actually doing stuff. Here is some cool stuff I have been finding for Christmas........this picture is from here ......she is super cool & sells the most beautiful fabric too.......


Am trying to talk Sheree into making this one (as she is such a crochet legend). I won't be trying this, but I could attempt this........

  or this......


or this one........


hahahahah keep dreaming......big ambitions, I think I will just buy one already done!!!!

I am also hoping to cook some things out of this. My beautiful SIL gave it to  me while I was in the States. I have loved this girl's website for a long time, so was sooo excited. They definately are not fat free recipes, but ooohhh so good.



And I am hoping to start some new traditions with the girls this year, like picking a family story that we will read every Christmas Eve, special recipes that we will use for the next 30 years.......and lots of other things. I am such a Christmas person. I love it.
that's it for me today, I am trying to keep up to date on my blogging, now I am off facebook. Back tomorrow with some photos with my girl from Seaworld, our school excursion today and maybe finally some scrapping!!!!

Mel xx



4 comments:

Karen said...

Wow...I'm amazed at some people's talent...including yours...you could totally do that!

Oh the thought of Seaworld and wearing shorts...a bit jealous of that!

Leanne said...

WOW those crochet houses look adorable. Go on Sheree make one for all of us lol.

That book looks pretty good too, let me know what it is like once you have gone through it.

xx Me xx

Sheree said...

Amazing houses!!! Some people are just so unbelievable clever aren't they? Come on...you can do it Mel! I can't wait to see your gingerbread house this year...and the girls will love it! Not sure about me trying that crochet house...scary! There's no way I could make something like that! LOL

Sheree xx

Moira said...

Love it :-) I was tempted to buy the gingerbread house kits at IKEA today (Matt joked that even the food comes flat packed ready to assemble!) For Christmas traditions, I'm getting a collection together of story books to read each night leading up to Christmas, kind of like a literary advent calendar. I also love the idea of an advent calendar made of boxes, each containg a tree decoration that gets added to the tree every day of the advent. I'm such a sucker for Christmas!!